Participants pay $70 (already included with your tuition) for the materials kit that consists of pre-cut silver sheets along with other materials and tools needed to make your spiculum necklace and clasp (see details below). You may also purchase a $9 Goldsmithing hammer after class to help make spiculums in your own studio.
Tools students need to bring:
● safety glasses
● jewelers saw frame
● saw blades #2/0
● sanding sticks in a variety of grits
● soldering tweezers
● solder pick
○ coarse (teacher prefers #00 flat)
○ medium (teacher prefers #2 flat)
○ fine (teacher prefers #4 flat - 1/2 round)
○ needle file variety
● 2.5mm round faceted stone x3 (or can buy from teacher)
● All the tools you can comfortably carry (flex-shaft cleaning tools, separating discs, sanding discs, fine point sharpie, files, etc.)
Clothing: follow the applicable Studio Attire, wearclosed-toed shoes and avoid wearing polyester, it can be flammable.
Materials Kit (Tools/equipment and materials/consumables instructor will supply covered by your Kit Fee):
● silver for tube
● silver for spiculums
● silver solder hard and medium
● silver for chain and clasp
● other necessary tools and materials
● additional - round faceted stone starting at $3 each
● additional - goldsmith hammers are available for $9
● additional - spiculum blocks are available
We encourage you to obtain your supplies well in advance of your workshop.
Click HERE for some of the suppliers we work with!